Monday, February 10, 2014

Photoshop CC - Camera Raw Filter

I've been playing with the new Photoshop CC version and exploring some of the new features since CS 6. Here is another feature that I wanted to share with you.
One of the new features in Photoshop CC is the Camera Raw filter.
If you've never worked with Camera Raw, here is a chance to start.
Camera Raw is now included under the filter menu.
Before, you had to use Lightroom or open an image that was in the raw format to access these tools. (What is a raw file or image?) Now, they are as handy as other filters available in Photoshop.
 Many of the tools in the Camera Raw filter will look familiar to you. However, there are many goodies here that if you've never used Camera Raw before, you'll love using.
One of these tools is the "Clarity" tool.
In the example below, I adjusted clarity to give more definition and contrast, increased vibrance and added a few more adjustments to my image. You can see the differnce from before on the left to my adjusted image on the right.

Where it really gets interesting is in the fact that if I convert my layer to a Smart Object (what is a Smart Object) I can use the Camera Raw filter as a nondestructive filter!
 
Additional Photoshop goodies with no harmed pixels. How great is that?

No comments: