Monday, March 23, 2009

Create a tiny URL web address with TinyURL

Have you ever emailed a really long URL to someone only to have it break when sent causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? I can't count the times I've sent a really long web page address to my parents only to have them call me because it didn't work.

Here is one of my favorite tools for creating sweet tiny URLs that direct people to the place you want.
TinyURL.com is a place you'll want to bookmark.

You'll copy the long URL then go to this site and paste it in the text field as shown below. This URL was so long only part of it showed in the box provided.




You'll get back a URL that looks like the following picture and takes you directly to the same spot as the long URL without the grief of it breaking.








How sweet is that?
Just when you think life couldn't get any better...how about a plug-in for Firefox's browser like shown below? And guess what. I've created a tiny to get the Firefox plugin. http://tinyurl.com/2pb7f8









Now you can create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires. If this isn't neat enough, it's FREE! You can try it on their website at http://tinyurl.com or in the box I provided at the bottom of my blog.

I had meant to send you all something special on February 17th - Random Acts of Kindness day. What could be better than doing something for someone else in this world with an act of kindness. Enjoy TinyURL and make it a wonderful day for yourself, and someone else. :-)




Enter a long URL to make tiny:



No comments: