Thursday, April 24, 2008

Free PC analysis

FREE comprehensive PC analysis
When you get a new computer you can pretty much name all the applications you have installed, know what operating system and version that is running and your hardware configurations. However, if you’re like me, your computer starts to look like your grandfathers refrigerator. It’s loaded with things I’ve never seen and a lot of it should go!
That’s where Belarc Advisor comes in. Belarc is a FREE software program that will analyze whether of not your antivirus software is up to date, Windows patches are current and a complete computer profile summary!

This summary includes items like:
• Operating system
• Processor
• List of drives
• Memory installed (and which RAM slots are being used)
• Monitor and printer information
• Software installed (and what version it is!)
• And a lot more techie information that someone would appreciate more than I understand
How cool is this? I was quickly able to see that only 1 of 4 memory slots was being used, saw some old programs that needed to go like outdated potato salad, and knew what versions of everything else I had installed. I was happy to see two large green check marks showing me that my virus protection and Microsoft security updates were up-to-date. Click here for sample results.

To download your own free copy go to http://belarc.com/free_download.html

No comments: