Monday, November 30, 2009

Photoshop - How to quickly copy layer styles

Ever want to duplicate a neat layer style to another layer? Well, you don't have to write down all the steps you did and then repeat them on another layer.
In this example, I wanted to special effect I did to the word "fancy" to be duplicated on the layer containing the word "text". I have 3 layer styles that I edited to my liking.Do one of the following:
  • In the Layers palette, Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) a single layer effect from one layer to another to duplicate the layer effect, or drag the Effects bar from one layer to another to duplicate the layer style.

  • Drag one or more layer effects from the Layers palette to the image to apply the resulting layer style to the highest layer in the Layers palette that contains pixels at the drop point.

Perfect!

My movie of the month


No comments: