Friday, July 11, 2008

Free File Recovery Software

Recovering a lost file
I'll admit it. I've deleted files (and went so far to even empty the trash) that I wish I could get back. And there's no undo option once you empty the Recycle Bin. DOH!
For me, it's usually clearing a Smart Card from my camera or clearing my USB storage device.

If this has ever happened to you there is hope!

Deleted data stays on the hard drive until Windows uses the space for new files. But Windows won't let you browse these areas of the hard drive or attached storage device to find these files. To do that, you'll need a file recovery program. I've found a wonderful program I now use and love that I'll share with you. Oh, the best part....it's FREE!

Recuva to the Rescue

Recuva works on Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000 and 98.

Just install this software then tell Recuva if you want to recover a file from your C: drive, USB drive, Smart Card drive etc. Your deleted file will be there in a list for you to select and recover!

Here is a screen shot sample where you would select the files Recuva has found that can be recovered. Date and time information is provided to help determine which file(s) you may want to recover.

To get your own copy of Recuva click here.

I can't tell you how many times Recuva has saved my day. :-)

My video for the month 4 U.
http://videos.komando.com/2008/02/26/
Where do I sign up??

No comments: